Do you sometimes find it hard to have a good nutritious breakfast? Do you eat pop tarts, sugar filled cereal or dare I say NOTHING! for breakfast? Have you ever said, “I haven’t got enough time in the morning”? Well no more my friend because I have the ‘Ultimate Granola!’ for you.
WHAT MAKES THIS GRANOLA THE BEST?
It’s nutritious and delicious with lots of crunch and sweet and sour flavour, and a great base that can be pimped up everyday for something different and still satisfy your taste buds every time.
It’s a one bowl recipe hat takes 20 minutes from start to finish and you can eat it in a variety of ways. So no more boring breakfasts!
This Granola is the best of the best, nothing like the ones you get in the shops. There’s no hidden nasty extras, just wholesome good for you nutrition.
Oats – for their slow release energy which will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Seeds and nuts – that provide the essential vitamins, minerals and omega 3’s your body needs.
Raw honey – for sweetness, and also to form clusters for beautiful texture.
Cinnamon – for an impactful flavour and to tie everything together.
dried fruit – to add a balance of sweet and sour and help towards your 5 a day.
Have I won you over yet? If not carry on reading and see how I pimp up my granola.
Do you want to see how easy this granola is to make? Watch the video here.
THE ULTIMATE GRANOLA 3 WAYS
Greek Yogurt & Berry Granola
Add Greek yogurt for protein, berries for their vitamins and some orange zest for some freshness.
Chocolate & Banana
Add your Granola and milk then some banana slices for some potassium and sweetness and a sprinkling of cacao nibs for some bitterness to balance the sweetness and to add another element of crunch.
Make a batch of my Blueberry and Cinnamon Smoothie but add an extra banana. This smoothie has blueberries that are full of antioxidants and spinach that’s full of iron and folic acid. Pour your smoothie into a bowl and the sprinkle your granola and some chia seeds on top for extra protein and crunch.
So now you have no excuses I’ve given you 3 easy ways to make your breakfast delicious and nutritious, and you know what? You don’t have to stop there, you can play around with different ingredients and flavour combinations and come up with your own versions (“,)
If you do I’d love for you to let me know in the comments below so I can give them a go (“,)
- 450 g oats
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 25 g brown linseeds
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g hazel nuts
- 50 g pecans
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g almonds
- 80 g honey
- ground cinnamon (taste as you go and make it as cinnamoney as you like)
- 100 g dried fruit (golden sultanas, crimson sultanas, jumbo sultanas, cranberries and apricots but you ca use whatever dried fruit you like)
- 1 large bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 pestle and mortar (if tou don't have one you can use a sandwhich bag and a rolling pin)
- 1 baking tray
- 1 large glass jar
- Add your seeds to your oats and stir well
- Preheat oven to 170'c gas mark 3 325'f
- Add your olive oil to your nuts and seeds and stir until everything is coated
- Bash your nuts in a pestle and mortar or in a sandwich bag (make sure to seal it) and bash with something heavy like a rolling pin or a saucepan, and grind until you have different sized pieces
- Add your nuts to your oat mixture and stir again so everything is evenly distributed
- Add your honey and stir well so everything is coated
- Add your cinnamon and give everything one final stir so everything has a bit of everything attached to it
- Pour onto 2 baking trays covered with baking paper and with your hands flatten the granola so you have an even surface
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and the oats are slightly golden
- While the granola is in the oven get your dried fruit ready and chop any big pieces
- When your granola has cooled add your dried fruit and stir everything up once again so it is evenly distributed
- Store in a glass air-tight jar or container
THREE WAYS TO PIMP UP YOUR GRANOLA
Greek Yogurt & Berry Granola
- Add as much Greek yogurt to your bowl
- Sprinkle with your desired amount of strawberries and blueberries
- Add some orange zest
- Dig in (",)
Chocolate & Banana Granola
- Add your desired amount od granola and milk
- Add some sliced banana on top
- Sprinkle with some cacao nibs
- Sit back and enjoy (",)
- Make a batch of my blueberry and cinnamon smoothie recipe here but add an extra banana to make it thick
- Pour smoothie into a bowl
- Add your granola
- Sprinkle with some chia seeds
- Enjoy every bite (",)